Wednesday, December 29, 2010

2011, Here We Come

For 2011, I SWEAR that I will update this blasted blog.

On that note, let's talk about resolutions.

It seems like every year, everyone I know makes a resolution and then breaks it by January 3rd. And I completely admit that I am in that group.

Now, as 2011 approaches, I've been thinking a lot about that. I am not the poster child for self control or will power, but I'm tired of not meeting my goals. For example, this blog. Every few weeks, I vow to write more often in order to keep my communication/journalism skills sharp. And, after a post that I feel proud of - or, at least, ok with - I forget about the blog until the guilt hits a month later.

So, I ask you this. Why are we so wishy-washy? We make resolutions out of things that we obviously want to acheive. So, why give up so quickly?

I think the biggest reason I've been thinking about this is the battle with my weight. I want it to be a nice, low number, and my body thinks that higher is better. (I think it's been playing video games a little too much. Just because a high score in Mario means you get the princess does NOT mean that you need to weight as much as a killer whale to get the guy.)

I REALLY want to drop some weight. And I'm doing my best to look at 2011 as the year to do it. To finally conquer my weight and get into eating/exercising habits that keep it off. But, there's that nagging doubt. Statistically, it's looking pretty good that I won't be sticking to it. And that is just so disappointing. Why put in all this effort to research healthy recipes and sign up for a gym if I'm not going to use any of it?

So, you are witnesses, Blogosphere.

My 2011 Resolutions are:

1) BLOG
2) Lose weight
3) Use my gym membership.

So how about all of you? What are your resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment